Friday 9 March 2012

Dancing in the city - Marshall, Hain

Although I was only seven years old when this single was released, I can say that I've loved this song from the very beginning. I bought the single years later, but that was only because I had a double LP with this track on it since early 1979. And then there was this 12" single...

Every year in June there was a street market in a street near to my parents' house. The first time ever I went there I found this 12" single, featuring 'Dancing in the city', and pressed on blue vinyl. I was stunned. Even if it wouldn't contain an extended version, I simply had to have it. And so I bought it. It didn't even cost that much, although I'm sure it's pretty rare and hard to find now. But I might be wrong of course.

My collection: 12" single no. 9
Found: Braderie, Den Haag
Cost: 3 guilders or so
Tracks: 'Dancing in the city' / 'Take my number'

1 comment:

  1. "Dancing in the city" is great song. Thought I didn't like it from the first listening, but later it grown and grown on me. Thanks.
    p.s. Plz, re-up Corinne Hermes single to divshare!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising