Sunday 22 January 2012

Take on me - A-ha

After the first release of 'Take on me' flopped, the record company tried again and again to make it work. This 12" single represents the first re-release of the single, featuring a different sleeve and a different mix of the track. In the end, it took a second re-release and a new music video to make it a worldwide hit - although the music on the disc didn't change after this one.

The extended version is a little over a minute longer than the single version, but it sounds a lot better in my opinion. The copy I have was pressed in Italy. I bought it some time after the single finally reached the Dutch Top 40 and went to number 1.

My collection: 12" single no. 50
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1987
Cost: 8 guilders
Tracks: 'Take on me (extended version)' / 'Love is reason', 'Take on me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising