Saturday 28 January 2012

Something's gotten hold of my heart - Marc Almond

Most people are familiar with the single 'Something's gotten hold of my heart' as a duet between Marc Almond and the song's original performer, Gene Pitney, but this single was released before the duet version. It's the album version of the track, as recorded by Marc Almond solo.

I don't know enough of the history, but I think this single was released just weeks before the duet version, and finally the duet version came in its place -and became a Europe-wide hit. This version of the single is therefore a bit more rare.

My collection: 7" single no. 5273
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, January 27, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Something's gotten hold of my heart' / 'King of the fools'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising