Monday 30 January 2012

I.O.I.O. - Bee Gees

'I.O.I.O.' is the second single (third in the U.S.) from the Bee Gees album, Cucumber Castle. Maurice Gibb described this as "Barry's African jaunt" as the opening has African-type percussion that leads into Barry Gibb singing the verse, joined by Maurice in the chorus. The single was a relative success mainly on European charts.

The title 'I.O.I.O.' Maurice calls on the chorus and made as a title of the song, accompanied by Colin's drumming. Vince Melouney was present on playing the guitar on the song's first session in 12 June 1968 while they are recording the songs for their fifth album and their third international album, 'Idea'.

My collection: 7" single no. 5284
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, January 27, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'I.O.I.O.' / 'Sweetheart'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising