Saturday 12 November 2011

What can I say - Boz Scaggs

In 1976, Boz Scaggs who had been working music for over a decade, linked up with session musicians who would later form Toto and recorded his hit album 'Silk degrees'. The album reached number 2 on the US Billboard 200, and number 1 in a number of countries across the world. The album also spawned three hit singles: 'Lowdown', 'Lido shuffle' and 'What can I say'.

In the Netherlands, 'What can I say' was the biggest hit of the three, peaking at number 5 in April 1977. It was one of those songs that defined the year for me, although I was quite young at the time.

My collection: 7" single no. 2415
Found: All that music, Leiden, July 22, 1995
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'What can I say' / 'Harbor lights'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising