Sunday 19 June 2011

Something got me started - Simply Red

'Something got me started' was the first single released from what would become Simply Red's biggest selling album, 'Stars'. The single eventually made number 11 in the UK and German charts, number 23 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

In 2005, 'Something got me started' was one of the eight previously released Simply Red songs re-recorded for the album 'Simplified'. It also became the second single release from the album, as a double A-side with a new cover of the Leon Russell song 'A song for you'. This made it the only Simply Red song to date to be released as a single twice.

My collection: 7" single no. 5150
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, June 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Something got me started' / 'A new flame'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising