Sunday 12 June 2011

My world - Bee Gees

'My world' was recorded and released while the Bee Gees were recording their new album 'To whom it may concern' during the winter of 1972. The single reached number 16 on the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and number 16 and number 41 in the UK and Germany charts, respectively.

As Robin Gibb states in the liner notes of Tales from the Brothers Gibb, 'One rollicking little jaunt that me and the lads came up with in downtown Birmingham, England, whilst doing a television show called Golden Shot, the ensuing results being that it went on to be a huge top 20 hit in the UK and the US that left the three of us 'drooling' with pleasure.'

My collection: 7" single no. 5128
Found: Backtrack, Antwerpen, June 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'My world' / 'On time'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising