Thursday 14 April 2011

It's my life - Talk Talk

'It's my life' was the first collaboration between Mark Hollis and Tim Friese-Greene, members of Talk Talk. It was released as the band's first single from the album of the same name in January 1984. It reached number 46 in the UK charts, but did better in other countries: number 31 in the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, number 30 in Canada and Netherlands, number 33 in Germany, number 32 in New Zealand, number 25 in France and number 7 in Italy.

I didn't have this original single before, so it was interesting to finally buy it. This version features the album track 'Does Caroline know?' on the B-side, whereas the Brazilian single I bought in 1990 features the extended version of 'It's my life'.

My collection: 7" single no. 5073
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 9, 2011
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'It's my life' / 'Does Caroline know?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising