Wednesday 13 April 2011

If I was your girlfriend - Prince

Buying records can be a bit like hunting in the wild. (Not that I ever did the latter, but anyway.) You see a prey, it escapes, you wait for it... and wait for it... and when you see it again, you snap it up. It's a bit like this with this single. My sister bought this limited edition with a poster bag way back in 1987 during a holiday in London. I didn't buy it at the time for lack of money, and then of course this edition never showed up again...

...until now. The good thing is, because of a little damage on the front it wasn't sold for a fortune, and so I could actually get it for very little money. The benefits of waiting 24 years, I guess.

My collection: 7" single no. 5067
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'If I was your girlfriend' / 'Shockadelica'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising