Sunday 30 January 2011

The eve of the war - Jeff Wayne

I have The eve of the war, The eve of the war and The eve of the war, but now I've also got 'The eve of the war', an original German pressing with a very different sleeve. This particular pressing contains the version sung by Chris Thompson, whereas later pressings would feature Justin Hayward on vocals.

The way I understand it, this single is the rarest one of all four, which made it all the more amazing I found it for such a low price. The world of record collecting is baffling sometimes.

My collection: 7" single no. 5015
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 29, 2011
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'The eve of the war' / 'The red weed'

1 comment:

  1. Bizar... I finaly have this version. Congrats to you. It's all done by the w-trick.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising