Monday 31 May 2010

Rubberband girl - Kate Bush

After a silence of four years, Kate Bush returned to the music scene in 1993 with the song 'Rubberband girl'. I remember Puck managed to buy a promotional cd-single two days before the release of the single for me, and so I got to hear the song a little earlier than usual. But of course, I had to buy several more formats until I would be entirely satisfied. So I bough the regular cd-single, the 2-track European cd-single, the American cd-single, an American promotional cd-single, a picture disc 12" single... plus the 7" single of course.

Out of all the formats, the 7" single is probably the most beautiful, with its glossy sleeve and picture labels. The single reached number 12 in the UK singles chart, but failed to chart in the Netherlands.

More recently, I found a jukebox promotional 7" single with no sleeve and a very basic black label. I guess it's a rarity, so I was rather surprised to pick it up for next to nothing.

My collection: 7" single no. 1947 / no. 4259
Found: HMV, London, September 25, 1993 / Record fair, Utrecht, November 21, 2009
Cost: 2 pounds / 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Rubberband girl' / 'Big stripey lie'

2 comments:

  1. fairly decent "lead single" from, it has to be said, one of my less favourite KB albums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember the moment very vividly. Me at the phone with, I believe, just one Dutch coin, asking you just this question :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising