Friday 21 May 2010

Painting my love song - Henry Gross

On his third album 'Show me to the stage', Henry Gross mixed Rock & Roll songs with Phil Spector and Brian Wilson influences. A good example of the Brian Wilson sound on his album is the single 'Painting my love songs', released in the summer of 1977.

This single did not chart in any territory, but it very nearly made the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 4872
Found: Da Capo, Utrecht, May 21, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Painting my love song' / 'String of hearts'

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful, smart, thoughtful song. Henry's voice is a gem. Should have been a top 40. Thanks for including this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for this music! You do a wonderful job! This song is amazing it reminds me a lot of the George Harrison stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising