Sunday 30 May 2010

Looker - Sue Saad

The band Sue Saad and the Next never made it big, but existed from 1979 to 1986. Their self-titled debut album was released in 1980, but only managed a lowly placing in the US album chart at number 131.

After the album, only one single was released, 'Looker' credited to Sue Saad. It did not chart, but the band still played live concerts until 1986, while also contributing tracks to movie soundtracks from time to time.

My collection: 7" single no. 4895
Found: Da Capo, Utrecht, May 28, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Looker' / 'Highwire'

4 comments:

  1. A BIG, very BIG, thanks for sharing this rare 7". I've been looking for "Highwire" everywhere to complete my Sue Saad song collection and to just have this rare tune. If you would like a copy, I've cleaned it up of vinyl noise and the really annoying scratch/popping at the end, as well as leveled out the volume. It was way too loud. Write me at phaota1@fastmail.fm. If, for some odd reason your mail gets bounced (it occasionally happens), try phaota@gmail.com instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phaota, thanks to your suggestion of google searching for Looker, look where I end up. Ha ha. Damn good tune here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!!!!!
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
    I have been looking EVERYWHERE to get a copy of "Highwire!" I can't believe I found it. You are a miracle worker. Thank you so much for posting this. I'd still love to purchase a physical copy of that single someday, but at least now I can listen to it. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://80ssoundtracksaor.blogspot.com/

    I have looker soundtrack and got superior verion of highwire Yours is very noise I clean it up

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising