Saturday 22 May 2010

Knock on wood (remix) / Light my fire (remix) - Amii Stewart

Amii Stewart's career was slowly grinding to a halt when this remix double A side was released in 1985. Her biggest hits 'Knock on wood' and 'Light my fire' were remixed by Barry Leng and Alan Coulthard.

The single was a big success in the UK, where it reached number 7. And thus, the 'Top Hit UK' label on the sleeve of this German pressing is no lie. I don't know what position the single reached in Germany - but in the Netherlands it failed to chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4878
Found: Da Capo, Utrecht, May 21, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Knock on wood (remix)' / 'Light my fire (remix)'

1 comment:

  1. Probably was released after the sucess of "Friends" in 1984/1985.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising