Monday 24 May 2010

In the clouds - All about Eve

When I started collecting All about Eve records in the late Eighties, I quickly became aware that they'd released some independent 12" singles at the beginning of their career. The 12" of 'D for desire' never came within my grasp for a reasonable price, and neither did 'In the clouds', their second release from 1985.

While I was never prepared to shell out 50 pounds or more for 'D for desire' ever since I got a bootleg 7" single, I did buy this 12" single for 20 pounds. That's still a lot of money, but it was lot cheaper than they were going for at the time - plus it was in pristine condition. Sometimes you have to live a little.

My collection: 12" single no. 270
Found: Record fair, London
Cost: 20 pounds
Tracks: 'In the clouds' / 'End of the day', 'Love leads nowhere'

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog and great work!!. Any chance to re- up The Press I'm gonna Shoot The Deejay 7''?
    Thanks in advance. Cheers, Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Blog!

    IS it possible to download a full single/folder instead of just the title track?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising