Sunday 30 May 2010

I love Saturday - Erasure

Erasure released their album 'I say I say I say' in 1994, at a time when the 7" single was fast becoming harder to find. Only the first two singles, 'Always' and 'Run to the sun' were released on 7" vinyl in the UK - and for more than a decade, their remaining singles were released as cd-singles only.

But much to my surprise, I found a 7" vinyl copy of the third (and last) single from the album 'I say I say I say' recently: 'I love Saturday'. It was made in Germany, where Erasure have always been popular. However, the single reached number 69, their lowest-charting single in Germany up to that point. In the UK, meanwhile, the single reached number 20.

My collection: 7" single no. 4901
Found: Fun Records, Berlin, received May 28, 2010
Cost: 2,5 euro
Tracks: 'I love Saturday' / 'Dodo'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising