Sunday 16 May 2010

Giorgio - Lys Assia

I wonder if I'll ever find out if there's a 7" single of Lys Assia's winning Eurovision song 'Refrain' from 1956. I'm still looking for it and it's the only Eurovision winner that's missing from my collection!

Lys Assia returned to the Contest in 1957 and 1958, and this is her entry from 1958: 'Giorgio'. Representing Switzerland, she very nearly won the Contest again, earning 24 points, but finished second behind Andre Claveau with 'Dors mon amour', who earned 27 points. It's surprising that a 52 year old single can still be in such pristine condition.

My collection: 7" single no. 4865
Found: Da Capo, Utrecht, May 14, 2010
Cost: 3 euro
Tracks: 'Giorgio' / 'Louella'

1 comment:

  1. Hi! In my Eurovision collection I have the singel Refrain. Is it rare?so there is a releas to look for out there some where;-)

    It´s released on Decca D18265. It does not have a picture sleeve, only company sleeve. the B-side is playing Arrividerci Roma - a big back in 1956 all over Europe

    Bye from Frank, Sweden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising