Saturday 29 May 2010

Gimme love/gimme pain - Sue Saad and the Next

The only claim to fame Sue Saad and the Next ever made was a hit in the Netherlands with the dramatic rock song 'Young girl'. I bought the single at the time and for years it was one of my favourite songs of all times.

I never bought any of their next singles, until I found 'Prisoner' six months ago. 'Gimme love/gimme pain', which I found just the other day, is another example of their brand of new wave rock. It was not a hit, but sometimes the best singles are those that are ignored by the general public...

My collection: 7" single no. 4894
Found: Da Capo, Utrecht, May 28, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Gimme love/gimme pain' / 'Kamonbaybeh'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising