Friday 21 May 2010

Be my lover now - Philip Oakey and Giorgio Moroder

Human League frontman Philip Oakey and legendary producer Giorgio Moroder had worked together previously. Two singles had already been released - the hit single 'Together in electric dreams' and the flop 'Good-bye bad times' - when 'Be my lover now' was released in 1985.

Like 'Good-bye bad times', this single did not reach the UK singles chart. Meanwhile, their self-titled album reached number 52 in the UK albums chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4874
Found: Da Capo, Utrecht, May 21, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Be my lover now' / 'Be my lover now (instrumental version)'

2 comments:

  1. Just a small correction to your UK chart positions. Goodbye Bad Times reached number 44. I don't know why it didn't go higher as it was a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are a couple of jems, and no collection is complete without them. Have them both on 12", as well the electric dreams sound track. All compliments of the now debunked Urban renewal records... University district Seattle washington. 6.99 USD... Import.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising