Sunday 4 April 2010

I wish it would rain down - Phil Collins

'I wish it would rain down' was released in 1989 as the second single from Phil Collins' album 'But seriously'. Phil Collins commented that it was as close as he had ever gotten at the time to writing a blues song. He asked Eric Clapton to provide the guitar playing throughout the song. As Collins recalls, 'I said 'Eric, have I never asked you to play? Come on, I've got a song right up your street'.

The song was a top ten hit in many countries, including Canada where it topped the chart. In the USA and the Netherlands, the single reached number 3, while peaking at number 7 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 1174
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, February 17, 1990
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'I wish it would rain down' / 'Homeless (Another day in paradise - demo)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising