Friday 2 April 2010

Free as a bird - Supertramp

Sometimes the reactions I get on this blog really amuse me. A recent entry on 'Cannonball' by Supertramp was reason enough for someone to start promoting Roger Hodgson, writing, 'If you want to see a REAL Supertramp concert, see Roger's show. (...) See the original voice of Supertramp and not an imitation.' True enough, Roger Hodgson co-founded Supertramp, but he also left the group prematurely. Rick Davies was there when the group was founded as well. So when he sings 'Free as a bird' in 1988, after Hodgson's leaving the group, is that an imitation? I would think not.

This is one of my favourite Supertramp tracks because of its widescreen sound and optimistic lyric. The single was not a commercial success, unfortunately.

My collection: 7" single no. 853
Found: Den Haag, May 27, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Free as a bird' / 'Thing for you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising