Monday 12 April 2010

De verzoening - Frank Boeijen Groep

There was always something quite embarrassing about 'De verzoening' ('The reconsiliation') by the Frank Boeijen Groep. Frontman Frank Boeijen wrote the song with a very personal lyric, leading to a chorus that proclaimed 'Heb me lief' ('Love me'). During live concerts and television performances this led to hysterical audiences singing along to those lines, something that always struck me as something otherworldly.

Anyway, the song struck a chord with many people, which led to it becoming a modest hit: it reached number 32 in the Dutch Top 40. The response endures to this day: whenever Boeijen sings this song, audiences sing along as if their lives depend on it. I just chuckle whenever I notice that.

My collection: 7" single no. 487
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1987
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'De verzoening' / 'Niemand heeft gelijk'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising