Tuesday 13 April 2010

Cold in my heart - Frank Boeijen

Although none of the singles from Frank Boeijen's debut solo album charted in the Netherlands, the record company still thought it might be good to try and launch his career abroad. Two songs, 'Koud in mijn hart' and 'Vaarwel' were translated in English by J. Balin and released on this single. It was released in some European countries, but not in the Netherlands.

This, of course, instantly turned it into a sort of collector's item for Boeijen fans. I have to say I never even saw this single until I bought it last week. The single, of course, had no commercial success. It is next to impossible to locate a copy, unless you meet a German dealer who doesn't know what he's selling...

My collection: 7" single no. 4783
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 10, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Cold in my heart' / 'Farewell'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising