Monday 22 March 2010

I don't wanna get hurt - Donna Summer

The album 'Another place and time' by Donna Summer, released in 1987, was entirely written and produced by Stock Aitken & Waterman. As a result, the songs sounded a lot like many other hits at the time.

'I don't wanna get hurt' especially sounded like a Kylie Minogue or Mel & Kim track. I wonder if many Donna Summer fans were thrilled with this. The song was remixed for its release as a single. It reached number 7 in the UK singles chart and number 30 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 4668
Found: All that music, Leiden, March 13, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'I don't wanna get hurt' / 'I don't wanna get hurt (instrumental)'

1 comment:

  1. Well, they gave Summer her first platinum album and hit singles in years, also the most consistent album she released in the 80's, so it went very well with her fans. Personally I loved this album and still do. Quality all through. Also I have nothing against SAW, and you can't deny they released some successfull hits in their heyday. But this is one of their best productions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising