Monday 22 March 2010

The height of the fighting - Heaven 17

In 1982, 'The height of the fighting' was released as the fourth and final single from Heaven 17's debut album 'Penthouse and pavement', and their only single of that year. The song that featured a repetitive chorus and not much in the way of a verse, turned out to be a commercial disaster: it failed to reach the UK singles chart.

I first found out about this track in 1985 as part of a Heaven 17 megamix that was released that year. I never actively searched for this single, but since I was on the take, I figured I might as well buy this one too.

My collection: 7" single no. 4650
Found: All that music, Leiden, March 13, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'The height of the fighting' / 'Honeymoon in New York'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising