Friday 12 February 2010

Spending my time - Roxette

Although for some this song may be a bit too melodramatic, this was my favourite single of the year 1991. 'Spending my time' was one of the best tracks on Roxette's 1991 album 'Joyride', and when it was released as a single, it was coupled with a very strong non-album track, 'The sweet hello the sad goodbye'. The cd-single also added a great extended remix of the track.

The single reached number 29 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 22 in the UK singles chart. In 1996, a Spanish version, 'Un dia sin ti' was recorded on the album 'Baladas en Español'.

My collection: 7" single no. 1548
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, November 2, 1991
Cost: 6,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Spending my time' / 'The sweet hello, the sad goodbye'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising