Friday 12 February 2010

Beyond my control - Mylene Farmer

Mylene Farmer's song 'Beyond my control' was inspired by two characters in the 1782 French novel 'Les liaisons dangereuses'. In the song, the voice heard on the chorus of the song which repeats 'It's beyond my control' is in fact a sample of John Malkovich's voice from the film 'Les liaisons dangereuses' by Stephen Frears. The song deals with self-control, love and death. Farmer tells her own story from the sampled sentence: that of a woman who kills her unfaithful lover after a night of love.

The single reached number 8 in France and number 10 in the French-speaking part of Belgium. The single was also released in the Netherlands, but without any chart success.

My collection: 7" single no. 2220
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, December 17, 1994
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Beyond my control' / 'Beyond my control (Ya ya version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising