Friday 19 February 2010

Bedshaped - Keane

'Bedshaped' was released as the third single from Keane's debut album 'Hopes and fears' in August 2004. According to Tim Rice-Oxley, the song is 'about feeling that you've been 'left behind' by an old friend or lover, and about hoping that you'll be reunited one day so that you can live out the end of your lives together the way you started them (...) a hope that they'll eventually want to get away from the bright lights and come back home. it's a sad and angry song, but also full of hope. I think I'm right in saying that in hospital when someone is ill and has to spend a lot of time in bed they can become 'bedshaped'. It sounds a bit depressing (...) but in the context of the song I wanted to suggest old age and frailty.'

A 7" vinyl single was released as a numbered limited edition in the UK. My copy is number 249.
'Bedshaped' reached number 10 in the UK singles chart and number 26 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 4569
Found: Discogs.com, received February 19, 2010
Cost: 5 pounds
Tracks: 'Bedshaped' / 'Something in me was dying'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising