Sunday 24 January 2010

Sussudio - Phil Collins

According to Phil Collins, 'Sussudio' is the result of an improvisation. He was just playing around with a drum machine, and the lyric 'sus-sussudio' was what came out of his mouth. 'So I kinda knew I had to find something else for that word, then I went back and tried to find another word that scanned as well as 'sussudio', and I couldn't find one, so I went back to 'sussudio',' Collins explained. The lyrics are about a schoolboy crush on a girl at school.

The single reached number 3 in the Dutch Top 40, number 12 in the UK singles chart and number 1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4452
Found: Kringloop, Lisse, January 23, 2010
Cost: 0,7 euro
Tracks: 'Sussudio' / 'The man with the horn'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising