Sunday 10 January 2010

Private investigations - Dire Straits

Dire Straits surprised, I think, everyone with 'Private investigations'. Up until the release of this single, they delivered rather straight guitar-based rock songs, while this track added a layer of sophistication to their work. Mark Knopfler commented about the lyric of the song: 'It's just about the private investigations... What have you got at the end of the day... Nothing more than you started out with'.

The single reached number 2 in the UK singles chart and number 1 in the Dutch Top 40. I bought my copy from my sister, who bought a second copy of this single because she played this one so often. When I listen to it now, the single hasn't deteriorated much.

My collection: 7" single no. 306
Found: Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Private investigations' / 'Badges posters stickers t-shirts'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising