Saturday 16 January 2010

I knew you were waiting (for me) - George Michael and Aretha Franklin

To say that two legendary artists recorded 'I knew you were waiting (for me)' in 1986 would be a little far-fetched, but I bet that's how this single will be perceived in a few decades from now. Aretha Franklin is often called the queen of soul, whereas George Michael was still working on his status as a songwriter and performer - but nowadays he can be considered quite the legend himself.

The single was a number 1 hit for the duo in the UK, the USA, the Netherlands and Australia. In Canada, 'I knew you were waiting (for me)' reached number 4. I bought the 12" single four years after I found this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 2440
Found: August 26, 1995
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'I knew you were waiting (for me)' / 'I knew you were waiting (for me) (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising