Sunday 17 January 2010

Air disaster - Albert Hammond

Albert Hammond was born in London on May 18, 1944. He is one of the more successful songwriters to come out of England during the Sixties and Seventies, and has also enjoyed a long career as a recording artist.

One of his hit singles is the 1974 track 'Air disaster'. It appeared regularly on the radio in the Eighties as a 'golden oldie', which is how I found out about this song. I bought this single at the first opportunity. Perhaps I shouldn't have: in more recent years I have seen this single with a picture sleeve.

My collection: 7" single no. 307
Found: Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Air disaster' / 'Candle light, sweet candle light'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising