Wednesday 2 December 2009

True life confessions - The Korgis

Although commercial success eluded them, the Korgis continued to record and release singles until the mid-Eighties. In their catalogue, 'True life confessions' is a somewhat atypical song for them, with a rather breezy pop sound, slightly caribbean.

'True life confessions', which was released as a single in the summer of 1985, also appears on the 1986 album by lead singer James Warren, 'Burning questions'. A 12" single with an extended version of 'True life confessions' also exists, but I have yet to find a copy.

My collection: 7" single no. 4331
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, December 1, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'True life confessions' / 'Possessed'

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've been a fan of "THE KORGIS" since I first heard the song "IF I HAD YOU" back in 1979. Well, I think "TRUE LIFE CONFESSIONS" is a great song too both the original 1985 release & also the spring 1988 remix which was available on 7" vinyl only. I've got both "TRUE LIFE CONFESSIONS" & "BURNING QUESTIONS" on 12" vinyl. Both 12" remixes are good especially "BURNING QUESTIONS".

    I'm going to see "STACKRIDGE" in concert on January 30th so hopefully they might do a couple of THE KORGIS songs? I know they will be performing "Boots & Shoes" from the debut album.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising