Sunday 20 December 2009

Someday (I'm coming back) - Lisa Stansfield

Lisa Stansfield recorded 'Someday (I'm coming back)' for the soundtrack of the very successful movie 'The Bodyguard' starring Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner. The track was released as a single in December 1992, one month after the release of Houston's dreadful theme song 'I will always love you'.

By comparison, Lisa Stansfield's single garnered much less attention from the media and record-buying public. The single reached number 10 in the UK singles chart and number 30 in the Dutch Top 40 - a stark contrast to Houston's undeserved number 1 hit.

My collection: 7" single no. 1801
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, December 11, 1992
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Someday (I'm coming back)' / 'Tenderly (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising