Tuesday 15 December 2009

La vie en rose - Grace Jones

I bought this 7" single of Grace Jones' 'La vie en rose' long before I bought the 12" single. At the time, I felt it was just a nice song, but since then, I have grown to appreciate this track as one of Grace's best.

Of course, 'La vie en rose' was a hit for French singer Edith Piaf first. Written by Piaf and Louis Gugliemi, her songwriting team did not think the song would be successful, but it turned out to be a favourite with audiences. The same goes for Grace Jones' version: it was released as a single in 1977 and 1982, and on both occasions it became a big hit in several countries.

My collection: 7" single no. 1626
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, April 18, 1992
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'La vie en rose' / 'I need a man'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising