Monday 9 November 2009

Ramon - Fay Lovsky

Taken from Fay Lovsky's 1983 album 'Origami', the track 'Ramon' was remixed for the single release. It was one of many Fay Lovsky singles that didn't reach the Dutch Top 40.

I've seen this single numerous times over the years, but it is only now that I've decided to collect all of her singles that I finally got around to buying this one. I didn't know the track so well, but I'm glad to say this is one of her better singles.

My collection: 7" single no. 4177
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, November 8, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Ramon (special dance mix)' / 'Window across the street'

1 comment:

  1. Although the sleeve mentions that the title track is a 'special dance mix' it is just the regular album version.
    The special dance mix however wás made, but only released on the promotional edition of the single, which featured the album version at the B-side. The sleeve unfortunately is the same as the regular sleeve, so only way to find out is look at the labels.
    I am a lucky owner of both the regular and the promotional copy.

    Today, in the time of i-Tunes, the 'special dance mix' can be downloaded, but only on the 'Ramon' single release, the album 'Origami' has (ofcourse) the album version.

    grtz
    JeroenG

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising