Saturday 28 November 2009

Hold me in your arms - Imagination

By the time Imagination released the 1988 single 'Hold me in your arms', not much was left of their popularity in the early Eighties, when they stormed the charts with the Tony Swain and Steve Jolley-produced hits 'Body talk', 'Just an illusion' and 'Changes'.

Although I like 'Hold me in your arms', I have to agree that there really isn't that much to distinguish this track from any other dance track at the time. Imagination had lost their identity, and as such, it was impossible for them to have another hit. The B-side of this single features a remix of 'Instinctual', their last single to reach (the lower regions of) the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4299
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 21, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Hold me in your arms' / 'Instinctual (The Def Vocal Mix - edit)'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising