Tuesday 3 November 2009

Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac

Earlier this year, Stevie Nicks finally commented about the song 'Gypsy', released by Fleetwood Mac in 1982: 'In the old days, before Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey [Buckingham] and I had no money, so we had a king-size mattress, but we just had it on the floor. I had old vintage coverlets on it, and even though we had no money it was still really pretty... Just that and a lamp on the floor, and that was it—there was a certain calmness about it. (...) So that’s what 'Gypsy' means: it’s just a search for before this all happened. And later, I tacked on a line for my friend Robin, my best friend, who died of leukemia: 'I still see your bright eyes.' But then, Robin wasn’t sick yet. She got cancer, and died within a year.'

'Gypsy' was a track on Fleetwood Mac's album 'Mirage'. When it was released as a single it reached number 1 in Canada, number 12 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 46 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 2308
Found: May 27, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Gypsy' / 'Cool water'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising