Saturday 28 November 2009

Ain't that peculiar - Mari Wilson

'Ain't that peculiar' was the last single by Mari Wilson to reach the UK singles chart, although it only managed to scrape in at number 78. She'd let go of her Fifties look on the single's sleeve, and the track itself sounded a bit more modern as well.

I didn't know the track when I bought this single, but I've bought quite a few Mari Wilson singles this year and they have not disappointed. Including this one.

My collection: 7" single no. 4297
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 21, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Ain't that peculiar' / 'The maximum damage'

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you are aware that it is a cover of a song recorded by Marvin Gaye in the md-60s? :)

    I agree that it is a marvelous track, produced by Julian Mendelsohn if I recall correct

    //Fred of http://lae.blogg.se/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising