Thursday 22 October 2009

Wish I could write a love song - Chas and Dave

One month ago today, Chas and Dave announced their split. Dave Peacock decided to retire from the music business after the death of his wife Sue in July. Chas Hodges will continue to perform live as Chas and his band - honouring touring commitments the duo had already made.

Their last chart hit in the UK was 'Snooker loopy' from 1986. One of their best singles is 'Wish I could write a love song' from 1983 - but that one did not chart. The B-side, 'That's what I like' was covered in 1996 by Tori Amos.

My collection: 7" single no. 3005
Found: Geest, Den Haag, June 20, 1998
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Wish I could write a love song' / 'That's what I like'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising