Saturday 3 October 2009

To know someone deeply is to know someone softly - Terence Trent d'Arby

Whenever I play this song, I'm very curious what drove the record company to release this as a single. The quirky song with its strange title was not exactly chart material and anyone with one ear could easily admit that. After the commercial failure of 'This side of love', this single was sure not to improve matters much.

Still, the single did manage to reach number 55 in the UK singles chart. It is a success of sorts, since 'This side of love' only managed number 83. I didn't think this single was released on 7" single, until I found it five years after its release.

My collection: 7" single no. 2520
Found: Beanos, East Croydon, London, November 1, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'To know someone deeply is to know someone softly' / 'Loose variations on a dead mans vibe in C# M'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising