Sunday 18 October 2009

Robin (the hooded man) - Clannad

I bought the Clannad compilation album 'Pastpresent' somewhere around 1990 and it was through that cd that I discovered the interesting back catalogue of this Irish band. I went through a phase of buying their singles whenever I came across them - and I still will, I think.

'Robin (the hooded man)' was the only single to be lifted off Clannad's 1984 album 'Legend'. The music of that album was composed for the ITV drama series 'Robin of Sherwood', starring Michael Praed, who appears on the cover of this single. It reached number 42 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 2901
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 30, 1997
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Robin (the hooded man)' / 'Lady Marian'

1 comment:

  1. There was actually a 2nd single released of the Legend album, which I have on 7 inch, which was Now Is Here, which my copy is a poster sleeve which I got it from a Record fair about 10 years ago for 50p.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising