Tuesday 27 October 2009

Put your love in me - Hot Chocolate

I first heard 'Put your love in me' on a compilation double LP which I got as a present in the summer of 1979. The double LP contained hits from the year 1978, and 'Put your love in me' was one of two Hot Chocolate tracks on that album. The track sounded very, er, erotic, which at the time I thought was rather funny. The tension of the track and the - at the time - futuristic synthesizer sounds always stuck in my mind. I finally bought the 7" single twenty years after its original release.

The single reached number 28 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 10 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 3014
Found: All that music, Leiden, September 5, 1998
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Put your love in me' / 'Let them be the judge'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising