Wednesday 21 October 2009

Feel no pain - Sade

A colleague of my sister went to London in December 1992. These were strange times: international mail order was still in its infancy, while 7" singles became increasingly rare in the Netherlands. So I took it as an opportunity to have the latest Sade single brought to me. It was bought and I paid back the amount via my sister. That's how I got 'Feel no pain', a single I actually didn't see very often during record fairs and the like after that.

'Feel no pain' is a rather socially conscious song, with a lyric about unemployment. As Sade were better known for their carefree, laidback songs, this single wasn't a huge success: it reached number 56 in the UK singles chart and didn't reach the US Billboard Hot 100.

My collection: 7" single no. 1798
Found: Virgin Megastore, London, received December 7, 1992
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Feel no pain' / 'Love is stronger than pride (Mad Professor remix)'

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the B side, the original is beautiful per se but this reggae style made me feel happy and I didn't know it. Besides, great job at scanning the covers I really enjoy most of them at high resolution. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising