Sunday 11 October 2009

Autodrive - Herbie Hancock

Buying this single was a gamble. I liked the track 'Rockit' and assumed that the second single from the album 'Future shock' would be similarly interesting. To be blunt: it wasn't, really. It is an instrumental track that seems to go on without a point or clue.

The single still reached number 33 in the UK singles chart in October 1983, but it flopped in the Netherlands.

My collection: 7" single no. 2554
Found: Record fair, November 19 ,1995
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Autodrive' / 'The bomb'

1 comment:

  1. I remember buying a 12" for "Metal Beat" the next year that was almost as good as Rockit, but Herbie Hancock's music is so diverse it's like playing roulette to find a certain sound. I remember buying an albu m of duo's he did with Fonday Musa Suso, thinking it might be like the Sound System and Future shock albums but it was to my ears almost new age. 20 years later I love Fonday Musa Suso's music so I'm glad I hung onto my old tapes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising