Saturday 26 September 2009

My man - Luv'

Luv's debut single 'My man' was released in 1977. It was a far cry from the unpretentious, happy, bubbly pop songs that would become their trademark sound. Instead, this track was a tearjerker of sorts, about a woman whose man, a railroad worker, has been murdered when he tries to stop a fight between two men. The song shocked the Netherlands, because it was released at a time when a train was hijacked.

The single reached number 12 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 10 in Belgium. It was the official start of a career that would take off for real with 'U.O. me' the next year.

My collection: 7" single no. 4087
Found: Marktplaats.nl, received September 25, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'My man' / 'Don't let me down'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising