Wednesday 2 September 2009

License to kill - Gladys Knight

One of the presents I got for my birthday was the dvd of 'Quantum of solace', the most recent James Bond movie. I didn't see this one in the cinema. When I watched it yesterday, I really enjoyed it, but I also realised that a lot had changed since the Eighties. This movie had been stripped of everything that makes it a James Bond movie, which I think is a shame. Some cliches should never be lost.

The same goes for the theme song: 'Another way to die' by Jack White and Alicia Keys is a tuneless, soulless affair, while Gladys Knight's 'License to kill' from twenty years ago is still spot on. It was Gladys Knight's last hit, peaking at number 6 in the UK singles chart and number 2 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 926
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, July 1, 1989
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'License to kill' (Gladys Knight) / 'Pam' (Michael Kamen)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising