Thursday 3 September 2009

I hope I never - Split Enz

'I hope I never' was taken from Split Enz's 1980 album 'True colours'. The single version is 40 seconds shorter than the album version. Like many of their records at the time, this single was released as a laser etched disc, although it was a limited edition; I've got a later, non-etched copy.

The single reached number 30 in the Dutch Top 40. Australian singer and songwriter Tina Arena recorded the song in 2008 with the London Studio Orchestra for her album 'Songs of love & loss 2' and changed the lyrics to reflect her gender.

My collection: 7" single no. 1523
Found: Record fair, September 21, 1991
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I hope I never' / 'The choral sea'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising