Sunday 6 September 2009

I do, I do, I do, I do, I do - Abba

Personally I was never too fond of this Abba track. The most amusing thing about it was the title. The song was written by band members Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus and their manager Stig Anderson.

The song's release came shortly after their previous single, 'So long', performed disappointingly in terms of charts and sales. (Although the B-side of 'I do, I do, I do, I do, I do' was 'Rock me' in most cases, this Dutch pressing has 'So long' as the B-side.) After the success of 'Waterloo', Abba were having difficulty establishing themselves as an act with longevity. 'I do, I do, I do, I do, I do' became a significant improvement on the international charts. It peaked at number 3 in the Dutch Top 40 and topped the charts in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Switzerland.

My collection: 7" single no. 1862
Found: All that music, Leiden, January 30, 1993
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I do, I do, I do, I do, I do' / 'So long'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising