Wednesday 2 September 2009

How can I keep from singing? - Enya

A day at the Enya producer's office (II)

'HeyNicky Ryan, it's time for a new Enya single!'
- 'Really? Already? We've just had that 'Caribbean blue' single.'
'Yeah I know, but it's almost December and people still want to buy this stuff. I thought this time we could do a track with a real lyric again.'
- '(Sigh) Oh Lord, that's too much hard work. Do I have to? It's so difficult to piece together the words that woman has sung in the past.'
'Well, you could always ask her to sing a few new words...'
- 'Are you serious? She's hiding in her dark castle, I haven't seen that woman in years.'
'Oh well, you'll figure something out. Make it sound like that 'Evening' song, that will really work come Christmas time.'
- 'Okay, I'll try and glue together one new song. But the B-side will have to be that Christmas track. I don't want to work two days on this single.'
'No problem mate. I know you'll make something out of this.'
- 'Yeah I think this one will go down great at funerals too.'

My collection: 7" single no. 1960
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, September 25, 1993
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'How can I keep from singing?' / 'Oiche Chiun (Silent night)'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising